Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Weeks Worth



And what a busy one it has been
So much so that I dont remember if anything much happened on December 7th & 8th
But things certainly kicked in on
December 9th
I had an annual leave day to prepare for the Annual Xmas Gathering of the Simmons, Roach, Houlihan, O'Donoghue & Fraser Clan.
Alyce and I were up early and at the supermarket to do the shopping to make the nibbles and sweets required as just about everything else apart from the meat was being bought by everyone else.
It was then on to the making and the cleaning.
I tried a couple of different things this year including what turned out to be a yummy Christmas icecream and a new dip.
Mum came around to help as well and did bits and pieces to help out.
I am not a big fan of the heat and wasn't overly impressed that the temp was high and by the end of the day was exhausted but it was well worth it.
December 10th
The big day had arrived but started off with an SMS from Carlie saying that poor Archie wasnt well and he was off to the doctors, unfortunately he wasnt able to make it and stayed home with his Dad.
More shopping to be done and then the guests were on the doorstep.
There was food galore and I stupidly forgot a photo.
Then Santa arrived and gave out all of the Kris Kringle presents, all very much a hit.
Then it was time for the family photos (see above) and I must it seems to become easier each year now with no complaints, seems everyone knows the drill now LOL
Then time for the yummy desserts and again I forgot the photo. Some more presents for the kids and the day was done. Some stayed for and we chatted and reminisced which was fun and some more food was consumed and it was all over by 10pm. Seems everyone had a good time or they said they did anyway.
December 11th
Morning saw some more cleaning up and some chatting with Anne about her travels with Gaz and our upcoming cruise (well its a while a way yet in 2015) and then it was time to get ready for going out to the races with my workmates.
It was a twilight meeting at Moonee Valley and was lots of fun - even had a couple of wins but lost on the day
December 12th
Work and then off to a graduation ceremony for some of my clients from work who had completed a course through Fitted for Work which was great to see them receive their certificates
December 13th
Work during the day and then at last my bestie Julie and I got to do our night photography course after being postponed due to bad weather last time. We had bought each other a present of night and day course for Christmas 2010 not knowing and had now got to do both just in time for Christmas 2011.
The night was great and I must admit I did get some nice shots, just need to practice practice PRACTICE. (not even sure that the right way to spell it but I am sure you get my drift)
Our camera has lots and lots of functions that I have never used as it is usually on the auto button so this was a test but lots of fun.
December 14th
Really could have done with a sickie but went off to work but was determined that the night would see me do not much at all but still didnt get to bed until 11.30 - go figure.
Roll on December 23 when I will be on holidays.
Well this is a long entry cos I really have been busy - next few days are more quiet so shouldnt be much to report

No comments: