Monday, December 26, 2011

Ok so I am not that great at a daily post, or even weekly

December15
Not much went on today except having to race into town at 12.00pm to see the physio and get some new stockings.
December 16
Another Xmas party with JP Heidelberg too at a Greek Restaurant in Northcote, that was pretty average for the price we paid. Cramped in and watermelon for dessert - not what I would have imagined but the company was good
December 17
Date night with Kev and we went to Gold Class and saw Jack and Jill which was funny but no blockbuster. We then went and had some Chinese from Me Wah in Essendon and went and had a drive around Essendon and Niddrie pondering what might have been!
December 18
Out for Yum Cha with my best bud Julie where we exchange Christmas presents.
We turned up at the restaurant and couldn't believe the amount of people there. We were ushered to our seats and food trolleys were at our table before we even had a chance to sit down.
The dishes we picked were usually seafood and it was all very yummy and very very filling.
When it came time for the presents I assured Julie that we wouldnt have got each other the same present that we did last year (we bought each other photography courses but different ones and have only just completed them both). I bought Jules a Kangaroos Footy membership and she bought me a High Tea at the Windsor so I am looking forward to doing that as I have never done it before.
December 19, 20,21 & 22
Some days were busier than others, I had dinner with Jackie my tattslotto buddy on Tuesday night just at a local cafe in Craigieburn and it was great to catch up because we don't really get to do it often enough and I owed her some winnings LOL. I was also supposed to have dinner with some ex-colleagues from St George Bank but one of them wasnt too well so we have postponed until after Xmas which suited me.
December 23
This day saw me break up from work until 3rd January which is a nice break and my lovely boss even let us a leave a little earlier than the time we were supposed to finish which was nice. We had a lovely breakfast and it was made better by the appearance of my buddy Hadaya who has been missing from work for some time but she has started to feel better and she is going to come back to work part time until her bubba is born which is great.
It was then home to get ready for the arrival of Natalie and Abby and Ben and to have a mini Xmas celebration with them and Kim and Alyce.
We have sort of adopted Alyce's 2 girlfriends and Nat's babies and we had a nice night with a BBQ and then some presents given out to the girls and the babies. I gave the 3 older girls a voucher to the Ice Bar and to say it was well received especially from No.1 daughter would be an understatement. Ben wasnt all that impressed but Abby loved her doll and Dorothy.
As it was getting dark, Alyce Kim, Nat and Abby went off and looked at the local lights whilst Ben stayed with Kev and I and I gave him a bottle and some apple and he eventually went off to sleep. Love the feeling still of a little baby (well he isn't that little) sleeping in my arms and I had had it happen twice that day.
Nat and and the babies left and it was off to bed.
December 24 Christmas Eve
I had to go to the chiro in the morning and bought a last minute present for Kev there and then headed to the shops for some last minute things for the big day.
Xmas eve usually sees me make the scalloped potatoes whilst watching Carols but we had decided because it was warm that I might not make them but as Mum had requested them I did change my mind and did make them and they were greatly received
Alyce and Kim had decided that because Kim had to get up early to go to work that we would do the presents before going to bed so we went into the lounge room and started handing them out.
I was very very spoilt with a Pandora bracelet and 2 charms, a Willow statue and a oven mit from Alyce and Kim and then a watch and 2 books from Kev.
Alyce was very excited with the sky diving present and squealed when she opened it.
Kev like the jigsaw and massager that he got too. Kim had some input into her presents so wasn't much of a surprise for her.

I think I will do Xmas day as a separate post

No comments: