Thursday, October 07, 2010

Well now I have missed a year

A friend has started writing on her blog and because I posted a comment my blog page bobbed up out of nowhere.
It has officially been more than 13 months since I last wrote on this blog and what a year it has been.
Will it keep this up I don't know, but I am having trouble remembering things so maybe it is a good idea that I come here sometimes and record my thoughts.
Well the last year has seen me change careers and I can honestly say I don't miss the bank at all.
At the age of 45 who would have thought that a whole new career world would beckon but it has.
I am now an Employee Advocate and although it has its bad days like most jobs it has its great days too. The satisfaction I get from helping someone find a job is quite exhilarating. There was never quite that feeling I got from anything I did in the bank unless it was helping someone achieve something for them.
I am lucky I have been able to keep some wonderful friends from my 25 years in the 2 banks I worked for and on the other hand quite sad about the way it all ended at the Bank. I feel extremely let down by some who I thought were on my side, when it has become quite clear that wasn't the case. I hope that they will be able to live with what happened and why and what has happened since, but then thats their problem and not mine anymore.
I have had 2 great jobs since leaving the Bank and have again met some wonderful people at Reed that I will keep as friends forever and have now met some great people at my new job.
Ok enough about me...................
Well our baby girl is nearly 18, not far off getting her license, finishing year 12 and still working at Maccas (which she loves). She is in the middle of deciding what to do next year with it changing on a daily basis. She has saved money to buy a car and overall a great young lady.
Won't say that she doesn't push my buttons sometimes though and usually she knows it and revels in it. BUT we love her with all our heart...................where did all those years go?
And Kev, well he is still Kev, riding his bike although not quite as much after the car hit him and he had a knee op but he is getting back into it a bit more now that the weather is starting to fine up. He has unfortunately had to drive to Keysborough for work since the start of the year which is a bit of a pain but he has soldiered on.
We havent had a holiday for a couple of years so I think that might be on the cards soon too.
We have had some issues with both my step dad and Kev's dad being in hospital over the last couple of months but hope that they are both on the improve now.
Well the footy has had it ups and downs this year but hopefully with the introduction of a new coach and a few less injuries next year we will be in for some finals action.
The highlight would have to have been the Best and Fairest held at Crown Pallidium last week.
Well the scrapping has been happening too and we are just over a week away from another weekend away so looking forward to that and catching up with the girlies.
OK think this has been long and boring enough but I must admit it was funny reading back through the posts and seeing what had happened over the last couple of years, maybe I should do this on a more regular basis just for my own sake.
See ya soon