Sunday, May 01, 2011

Tears and Fears, Love and Happiness


This month has been one of very mixed emotions. time for celebration and time for tears.
Celebrating 25 years of wedded matrimony with Kevin, we spent a couple of days in the town where we spent our honeymoon all those years ago Ocean Grove and it was wonderful.The 25 years has been been great most of the time and I am sure that anyone who has been married that long will tell you there are are times when it has been not so great but luckily I can say for us these times have been few and far between.
We had planned to go overseas to celebrate but with my Mum having a fall and taking some time to recover we put this on the back burner for now.
The tears came when we received a call from Alyce on Good Friday night to say that she had been in an accident. This was a call I am sure all parents fear and I was no different. The tears didnt come on the night because she was very lucky and had been clever enough to turn the steering wheel of her car to avoid a more dangerous collision for her and her friend, the tears didnt even come for me when I saw her car I was just relieved to see that all involved were not injured. They did come for her then but I think it was more shock than anything else. Cars can be fixed or replaced and that was the least of my concerns. The tears came for me the next day when the reality hit me just how lucky we were that it wasnt much more serious. I have had a few close calls in cars in the last month and i cant believe how much they have all been attributed to speed, why is evryone in such a hurry? Please please slow down the consequences can be just so bad.
Enough about that though luckily our baby girl is ok and I hope that I never have to get another one of those calls again.
Ok some other things that have happened, The Kangaroos havent had a very good start to the year although they did have their first win yesterday, which was good.
I am in the final planning stages of my next scrapbooking weekend away with great friends and I havent been lucky enough to win tattslotto as yet so I have to go back work tomorrow. Bugger

2 comments:

A Meander Through The Jungle said...

Yes, the love you and Kev have is truly beautiful, even though you drive each other mad at times.

Leecy loo is safe and well, but none the less had no right to scare the pants off her parents.

Go the Roo's thank God

And can't wait for the weekend away either.
Love you always

Lisa Gibbs said...

Hey Karen
thank goodness all were ok in accident, what a fright.
Congrats on 25 years...wow how beautiful, hope your mum is now on the mend, and well the Kangers, I too wish them well, although a Collingwood supporter in my heart all my life, a huge part of it was with the kangers as well, that happened when I didnt know how to be strong and have a brain of my very own, but enjoyed barracking for them, but bac to the Pies now x
Can't wait for the Scrap weekend, so looking forward to that.
bye for now x
Lisa x