Friday, November 19, 2010

Another milestone

Well this time last week we were gearing up for the 18th Birthday party and today Alyce gained her total independence by getting her P's.
At the moment I haven't really processed it all properly because she is at work and her car is here.
She does want her dad and I to take it down to her so she can drive home tonight but that hasn't been decided on as yet.
Am I scared about her driving - you bet I am. Not so much about her because I think she is a pretty good driver although she has had her moments but more about others on the road.
You only have to watch the news each night to know that the young ones these days dont really have an idea about how dangerous our roads are and what power there is when they get behind the wheel.
But this is probably the last of the apron strings that needs to be cut, she no longer needs me to drive her here and there, we dont need to worry about being back in Broadmeadows by a certain time to pick her up from work etc.
I am sure after a couple of drives on her own I will be OK - no I won't who am I kidding but I am sure it was the same for my mum when I got my licence so I will just have to live with it and wait for her to walk in the door and sigh that little sigh of relief that she is home safe and sound.
The other issue now is the juggling of cars in the driveway! Oh well such is life

No comments: