Sunday, February 15, 2009

What a horrible, horrible week

This week has been the most horrible in not only in Victorian, but Australian history with the devastating bush fires that have claimed many many lives and whole towns here in Victoria.
The devastation is just beyond belief and the fact that the top half of Australia is in the middle of floods just doesn't make a whole heap of sense.
How can one country have such differing extremes of weather?
My heart and that of my family goes out to those affected, I can only imagine (actually I don't think I can)what they are going through and how long it may take them to rebuild their lives.
We have donated to appeals but it just doesn't seem enough, i wish there was some tangible way to help out.
Thats about it from me as I really dont feel like blogging but needed to express those feelings

No comments: